Rooty Hill Chess Club Byes Policies
Unless otherwise stated, all tournaments held by Rooty Hill Chess Club will have the following requirements when requesting byes and informing absences. These policies have been implemented due to the large number of players who are withdrawing from the round at the last minute on the day before and on the day.
Email: [email protected]
- All half-point bye requests MUST be communicated at the latest by 9 pm Saturday before the next round.
- Any byes requested after 9 pm Saturday will be given as ZERO point byes.
- Any players who do NOT turn up to their game and do NOT inform the arbiter prior on Tuesday will be automatically withdrawn from the tournament and will not be paired in further rounds. Any players who wish to continue playing must pay a $10 non-refundable fee to discourage this behaviour. This fee will be charged for every non-notified absence.
- Exceptions will be made for the above in special circumstances only at the arbiters discretion.
- All draws published by Rooty Hill Chess Club prior to the night are provisional and will be subject to change.
If you have been informed to pay the $10 non-refundable fee, you can do so here.